POC OCTAL AVIP MIPS
To be at the forefront of safety, innovation and development we created POC Lab. It is our scientific forum, which brings together experts from a range of disciplines and medicine. They support and advise us to ensure that what we develop is the most reliable and advanced protection on the market.
AVIP - Performance and Protection
Based on the award winning Octal helmet, Octal MIPS has been further developed and equipped with MIPS technology (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact.
The Octal helmet provides more coverage and additional protection of the temples and back of the head and the EPS liner is strategically thicker in the most exposed areas.
The fully wrapped unibody shell construction functions as a monocoque and enhances the safety properties and construction integrity of the helmet while maintaining a low weight.
POC has approached ventilation in a unique way and instead of using many small vents, Octal has fewer, but larger, ventilation slots. This ventilation design allows more air to flow through the helmet, which also results in improved aerodynamic performance.
The lightweight size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and secure fit while the Coolbest padding helps reduce the temperature in the interface between the helmet and head.
As a part of the AVIP concept, Octal MIPS comes in high visibility colors, with a reflective sticker kit and with an ICE tag.
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System).
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density.
- Fully wrapped unibody PC shell construction.
- Superior ventilation, using POC's unique ventilation design.
- Low contact size adjustment system.
- Straps molded into liner.
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding.
- Color combinations and reflective patches for enhanced visibility.
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet.
- ICE tag included.
- AVIP sticker kit for improved visibility
- Color finish: shiny
CERTIFICATIONS EN 1078, CPSC 12.03
SIZES & WEIGHT EN 1078
Small: 50-56 cm (210 g)
Medium: 54-60 cm (215 g)
Large: 58-62 cm (225 g)
SIZES & WEIGHT CPSC 12.03
Small: 50-56 cm (230 g)
Medium: 54-60 cm (250 g)
Large: 58-62 cm (285 g)
Extended delivery times due to stock
We aim for a 7 working day delivery. Free Shipping UK
International Delivery available. Please see details HERE